Sunday, March 1, 2015

Introduction

It's a new month, a new year and time to revamp this old blog.

I suppose every blogger must do the intro post... well, maybe not every blogger.  But I figured "why not?".
So lets do this.


I am a woman (in case the pretty pink background may have had you wondering).
Married for five years to a wonderful man whom I met at work and have been with for ten.  We have three children together.  Hailey is the oldest.  She is 5.  She is my sensitive one.  Super nice, unless she wants a toy from her siblings, always huggy.  Emily is the middle child.  At 3 years old, she is much more advanced at this age than her sister was.  Partly because she has Hailey to follow and learn from.  She is my lovey one.  Always wants to be beside my husband and I.  Gives lots of hugs and kisses.  We finally had a boy October 2012 and named him Austin.  He is coming out of his shell and developing his very own personality and character.
Enough about the kiddos...


My name is Sashell.  I am going to be celebrating my 4th annual 29th birthday later this year.  I am in love with both the beach and the woods.  I love being on the beach, but hate the sand.  I love being in the woods but hate spiders.

Eeeeewwwwww, spiders.  They terrify me.  Almost paralyzingly scary.
And unfortunately here in Florida, spiders are everywhere.  My least favorite are wood spiders... Blech.  Those were the ones used in the movie Arachnophobia.
They are HUGE... and I mean huge.  I have seen some as big as cds (or dvds - since cds are almost as extinct as the cassette tape).


I work.  I used make coffee for uppity moms and trendy teenagers.  All day it was either "I need an Iced, Quad, Nonfat, No whip, No foam, 2 pump White Mocha with cinnamon sprinkle and extra caramel" or one of my favorites, "Can I get a Large Mocha Frappe?".  Nope, but you can have a 'Venti Mocha Frappucino' because that is what we sell.  This isn't McDonald's.  Now here's your 1000 calorie drink and don't tell your mom you spent $5 on it because she will be furious.
I also work for a grocery store chain here in the south.  Been there since 1999.  Took a year off to be a stay at home mom, but I couldn't handle the daily chaos all day and I needed... yes NEEDED to go back to work :)


I am a crafter.  Check out my Facebook page. I started scrap-booking ages ago.  It is a fun hobby, but extremely time consuming and without a spot where I can keep stuff out at all times, it takes forever to get started and clean up.  I still like to do it when I have time... which is almost never.
A friend introduced me to cake pops in 2011.  I thought, 'I can so make those' and I did.  They were a disaster.  But after a couple practice runs and endless searching on Google I tweaked my recipes and chocolate manipulation skills to get everything just right.  Friends and coworkers were asking me to make them for parties and events all the time so I thought I might start my own business and make them to sell.
Hence, Siders Country was born.  I was focusing mainly on hair bows and assumed they would be the biggest seller... but nope.  Cake pops were a hit.  Mainly because of Bakerella's appearance on the Martha Stewart Show.  She rocks, both of those ladies actually.  Anywho, I offer a bunch of stuff over there, you should check it out!


I have two dogs.  I used to drive a lifted truck.  It was such a pain with three kids.  I pretty much had to overhand toss them into their carseats.  I sold it and got a Dodge Durango for the time being.  Until the kids get bigger and can climb a ladder themselves.
This would do just fine!!


I will do a couple of things religiously.
Saturday is Spider Saturday.
Monday is Mouthwatering Mondays
Wednesday I will do a clipping collection.  A bunch of important current events mushed together in one post.  A lot to talk about, but not a lot to say about each topic.
Other days.... meh, if I get a chance to post, then yay!  If not, get over it :)

That pretty much sums it up.  Thanks for reading!
I hope you follow me for random opinions and rants, shameless advertising of my own work and fun content.

No comments:

Post a Comment